Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Monday, October 13, 2014

Altruism


Is altruism possible?

 
So, I have this amazing friend who read My blog from yesterday and asked if I thought altruism was possible.  What is altruism you ask?  I'll summarize it in his own words, ''A lack of selfishness.  The desire to help someone selflessly with no benefit to oneself.''  It made Me think for a moment and you all know how I love when people ask questions that make Me think. 

This came about because I mentioned that when I give others compliments I get something out of it... in truth My selfless act of making someone smile truly isn't selfless at all.  I am rewarded within Myself, a sort of gratification comes from it.  I do believe this is the reason for a majority of why people are generous to begin with.  It's even built into our economic system.... if you give this you get that (tax write off)... 

In saying that however, I do absolutely believe in altruism is very much possible and practiced.  I've studied a bit on the topic and have seen some amazing people go out of their way to do things for others where they would have no benefit themselves.   The stranger who rushes into a burning building to save someone doesn't have time to think about the rewards, even internally, they simply do.  The toddler who in an almost reflexive desire to help when they see the need.  The offering of a submissive to do something they don't enjoy or get any gratification from simply to please the one they serve.  These are small examples.  

When My middle daughter was a toddler I became quite ill.... a series of migraines that lasted for six months straight.  They were debilitating and no one could find out what was causing them. I spent most of that six months on the couch curled in a ball.   When loved ones weren't there to help she would take care of her older sister without question, bring Me blankets and pillows, and tuck Me in.  She even a few times sat and played softly with My hair as she hummed.  I didn't ask, instruct, or even show her how to do such things.  It was natural for her. 

Again, this is simply My opinion on what I've studied.  I must say that psychology is more an art than a science so there are a varied array of ideas on the topic and everyone will say that their idea is the correct one.   We are talking about the human mind... it's so complex that it cannot be an exact science.   But then, isn't that what makes us amazing?  I believe so yes.

So Jonathan, My dark sweet morsel of divine decadence....  I know you disagree with Me on this matter.  I've come to simply be amazed with you and the workings of your mind the last few days so I won't let the fact you do disagree taint those rose colored glasses I see you through.  So pass Me the white glove, put on your black floods, and let's dance to 'BAD' together -winks and giggles-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a great topic Miss Manda. While I do not believe altruism is non existent, it takes a very unique individual to exercise it as a choice. The very fact that someone is choosing to be so exuberantly selfless means they have evaluated, even if it was momentarily, the opportunity cost of that choice and found the personal utility gained from that choice to provide them a profit of utility. In truth the only altruistic act is one derived spur of the moment instinct.