Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Discipline and Punishment...Mistress Manda style

Alright so the terms discipline and punishment are used synonymously by many in the BDSM community.  I however, feel that is a tragedy.  Please understand that this is My personal opinion of the two.  This falls under those who are living a lifestyle of M/s  that is 24/7 who aim to make dominance and submission the basis of their relationship... those who are more into the BDSM (bondage) side of things would use these terms very differently.
 
Discipline are those actions taken by Me to teach and prevent a slave from doing something that is in no way an act of willful disobedience.  Nobody is perfect, all slaves make mistakes, especially when learning a new task, or a new Mistress.  If the mistake was not a deliberate one, then clearer instructions or further training may be required, and the most effective training usually has some disciplinary action involved to help the sub learn how to do better - and as a reminder that I am the boss, and it has to be done the way I want, even if it's not the best way........yep, sometimes I can be wrong too :)  Even when I'm wrong, however, I'm right. -chuckles-  That's not simply a Mistress thing, that's a woman thing... -winks-  
   If My slave kept making the same mistakes, though, I would think that either their mind or heart was not focused on the task of serving Me, and that we need to have a discussion. Or, it might be possible that a sub continually making mistakes simply enjoys the discipline given out, and acts up in order to get some"play".  This is manipulation of Me as a Mistress in order to get something they want - or in some cases it might be something they need - eg more attention.   This kind of bratty behavior might be referred to as "topping from the bottom", or there might be a core need not being met.  Communication is the key to find out whether there's something that needs to be fixed, or if the submission is simply not there at all.  
   Discipline does not normally include physical punishment. Discipline is to help a slave grow in their life as such... to build them up, encourage, and strengthen them.  It shows there is concern on My part for that end and gives them a sense of security and love.   A slave never truly finishes training (neither does the Mistress)... we evolve, life evolves, and the relationship evolves, so there is no way at any time one can say 'I've arrived'  I'm now the perfect slave (or the perfect Mistress) which is why discipline is vital in the life of a slave.   

    Punishment is when a slave has been willfully disobedient and has knowingly disobeyed a command or done something incorrectly due to reluctance or any other reason. In cases like these, punishment will be administered to see to it that the slave is aware that disobedience has consequences and it generally is not a process that any of the parties involved, enjoys.  However,  I don't do Punishment.   Not at all.   If my slave needs to be punished, that tells Me there is something very wrong in the relationship.  My expectation is that my slave has chosen to serve Me, therefore they WILL serve and obey to the very best of their ability.  If they no longer feel obedient and willing to serve and obey Me, then a serious discussion about the future of the relationship is required.   If the action was deliberate or rebellious, and if no solution can be found, or is welcomed, then the only courses of action I can take are either to ignore them, to deny contact with me - deny the slave submission to me for a while, or release.   So, really the only punishment I might contemplate is denial of the opportunity to submit.  Which would be no contact for a period of time... which I really do not like at all.
     There is something... I like to call Funment.... it's the light S&M play that I do enjoy, such as slapping a slave's ass.   This is not discipline nor punishment but 'play'.  It's a fun, pleasurable activity.


On that note.. I need to address something with you three... the topic of your blogging and My own.  Seems all three of you have had a problem with this here and there... one thing I don't like is going over the same thing more than twice... ask My kids.  Twice is enough, the third time they are grounded, end of story, or lectured (one of them hates lectures... lol).  So, if there is some valid reason it's too difficult for you to write a blog every day and to comment on My own blogs please tell Me... for from here on out I will simply discipline and move on.  Again, communication is VITAL.. if nothing else a simple text saying 'Mistress, the day has been so damn busy that I've not had a moment to even think about a blog or respond to yours, please forgive me.'   Just so I know you've at least thought about it and truly attempted.. otherwise I think you simply just do not care... and that isn't pleasing at all.

5 comments:

Mandasdoll said...

As always, thank You so much Your views on this topic. i couldn't agree more on every count. i absolutely hate the stereotype that bad slaves get punished by physical retrobution. As You conveyed, that's completely the opposite in theory - a good spanking to thise with SM tendencies is the reward, not a punishment!

The relationship we've enetered is completely in line with Your sentiments. i NEVER want to be punished - i never want to have failed that much as Your slave to even consider it - i'd be ashamed. Discipline is good as a training tool, Pavolat's Dog type thing, but punishment to me also is a complete failure on the slave's part. And, well a little SM - that's just fun folly!

As we've discussed before - this is spooky how similar we feel about this and so many other topics, BDSM of otherwise. A lot otherwise, actually. Each and every day since we've chatted has been absolutely awesome - thank You so much!

As far as the last comment on Your blog, all i have to say is, "yes, Mistress. i'm sorry if You've not been given the proper respect, i will improve my service and devotion to You, and obey Your wishes to the best of my abilities."

Thank You for another day in Your life, Mistress.

Mistress' sweet said...

Thank you Mistress for taking the time to define the differences between the discipline and punishment. The visual charts were a nice added touch as well to help give a nice overview of the blog and add some deeper understanding. Your sweet truly appreciates the time and effort in Your blogs.
Mistress isn't just writing for Her own pleasure. She is teaching and instructing, which is very much enjoyed.
One thing Your sweet very much enjoyed and had to think about a bit was the fact that neither the slave nor the Mistress completes a circle in the relationship. It either continues to move forward and up, evolving in a positive way, or it declines and ends. Very interesting perspective i had never considered before.
Thank you for Your insight.
Echoing paul's statement at the end, i'm very sorry i have not given You respect that is Yours by replying in a timely manner. Though i've been reading and enjoying Your blog, looking forward to it every day, i let other things get in the way of responding as i'm contemplating how to respond. You have my sincere apologies and i will work to rectify that problem.
Thank You Mistress.

Unknown said...

Thank You for the detailed explanation Mistress. i know we talked a little about this last night. i have talked with others in the past about the difference in these two words. Was quite interesting to hear the different views others had on the topic. Just as it is with any topic. Discipline is needed to grow.

And in response to the last part of Your blog...i am truly sorry for not having them done in a timely matter Mistress. We have discussed this as well, and i will work harder at getting them done and getting back in focus when needed.

Thank You again Mistress, for the time You spent on this blog and for not giving up on me.

Goddess Manda said...

brenda lee, NEVER EVER EVER will I give up on you. you're too precious and too great a joy to ever do such foolery. Really? Do you really want Me to sing it.. cause you know I will... That's it, you asked for it
-sings-
Yes, it's true
(Yes, it's true)
I am happy to be stuck with you
Yes, it's true
(Yes, it's true)
I'm so happy to be stuck with you
'Cause I can see
(I can see)
That you're happy to be stuck with me

-giggles, hands you ear plugs, and winks-


johnathan, I'm glad you liked the visuals... it was fun trying to find them. you've got it all wrong, I write for My pleasure alone... who cares about you -laughs heartily and scrunches My nose playfully-

paul, yes, yet again our views are similar. It is spooky, sort of like the twilight zone... well damn now I have that tune stuck in My head. hmmm perhaps tonight I shall watch some of that old show.

To all three of you, I accept all apologies and know that you'll grow in this. I can say, I know each of you are genuine in your submission and love. That in itself is impressive, honorable, and oh so sexy. you each make me smile every day and wet most days... ah to be so far away and wet most days... this is a curse in some ways. -chuckles-

Unknown said...

~Giggles and listens to Mistress sing~ No need for ear plugs Mistress. With ear plugs i will not be able to hear those lovely words. Thank You for the words Mistress. You sure do know how to put a smile on my face and make my cheeks a bright shade of red. ~Giggles~ And yes i am happy to be stuck with You also Mistress.