Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Monday, May 19, 2014

When the bee stings...

We all go through troubling times; some big and some routine.  Just because the same asshole gives you shit every day, day in and day out, doesn't mean it's any less of a troubling time than if someone say got fired, couldn't land that job, or had a loss in their life.   All troubles big and small are called troubles for a reason.  They are troublesome.  They make us feel inept, inadequate, angry, frustrated, down, and even depressed. 
    So what happens when you're in those troubles?  What do you do?  Do you allow yourself to stay there, to wallow in it?  Do you work your way through them, keeping your eye on the other side?  Different personalities will go through troubles in different ways.  No one is right or wrong... well ok, it's just plain wrong to become a 'self pity diva'.   But then, that's how some people deal... I just don't particularly enjoy being around those types of people.  
    Want to know what I do?
                 Of course you do... and even if you don't, I'm telling you anyway :P

     When troubles arise, be they the big traumatic events or the day to day routine troubles (like a teenage girl throwing a fit because mom won't let her wear her favorite shirt to school) I quite literally sing to Myself... yup, you read it right, I sing.  A tune you might be familiar with...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad



        Of course, what this does, in essence is to make Me think of things that I enjoy, that I look forward to, that I crave.   Then I can get through the troubles, working through them of course because I'm a high D and nothing goes unsolved around here, with a smile and a pep in My step.  

         I don't like to feel down, frustrated, or angry... so I choose not to (well unless something merits it greatly... someone deserves My anger they get it) or at least not for a lengthy period of time.  I've always been this way, even as an older child and teenager.... I had a few 'nicknames' growing up, one of the many that seemed to stick was 'sunshine'... Not because I wore yellow.. yellow does NOT look good on My skin... but because even when things were going to shit, I'd smile and goof off.   Not that I don't take things seriously, I do, I just choose to be happy.   Yes, happiness is a choice, we must choose everyday.   I choose to surround Myself with people who make Me happy.  

           I'd like each of your next blogs to be on what makes you happy?  Look at the song again.. what would you put in those slots?  What and who make you smile?  
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank You for sharing that Mistress. Very interesting outlook on that song. Never thought of that song that way, or even paid much attention to it unless it was around Christmas time. Now that i have actually read the lyrics to it, well it made me smile a bit. Thank You again Mistress.