Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Great Gatsby says Goodbye :(

Sometimes in life we are blessed with tragedy and loss just to remind us how fragile it can be. 

 If you've read My blog at all you'll remember My dear sweet Gatsby.  A tiny helpless kitten I found one night meowing under our porch.  He was scared, hungry, dirty, and needed a whole lot of love.  A little wisp of a thing that within just a few hours had My heart tucked in his soft broken little meow and filthy paws.  His purr was louder than life and he loved to snuggle up on My chest.  

I fell in love with that kitten over and over again.  Each time he'd run around playing with Alex (they were so cute playing tag together), greet Me at the door when I returned home with a rub against My legs, and every purr as I lovingly scratched his chin while I drifted off to sleep.  

He became such an integral part of our every day lives.  

Sadly our Gatsby passed away last night.  We knew it was coming.... you see, we found out he had feline leukemia, a cancer that cats can get.  He's not lived long, much less than expected, but he's lived well.  He's been loved and given us love in return.   

Towards the end, this last week, he was unable to move much.... we set him up a nice bed in the quiet room and we'd all take turns going in to quietly stroke his fur and talk to him.  His purr never stopped, even when his little legs did.  

Gatsby, your beautiful eyes, amazing purr, and soft cuddles will never be forgotten.  Rest in peace My little blessing.  Thank you for being Alex's first four legged playmate, you were truly a great one.  Thank you for filling My heart with joy and love in those lonely nights as you cuddled Me, somehow knowing I was alone and needed them.  I will miss those cuddles as well as the games we played running through the house and hiding from each other...  you were more human than cat.  

 Goodbye My dear four legged friend.

No comments: