Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Friday, June 5, 2015

Awareness... Servant Mistress Series


A Servant Mistress is one of acute awareness. 
                       Her intuitive insight is rather exceptional.  



    It can be easy to rush through the business of life without stopping to notice much.  It’s also easy to lose touch with the way our bodies are feeling, and to end up living 'in our heads' – caught up in our thoughts without stopping to notice how those thoughts are driving our emotions and behavior. 

    One of the most important things any Dominant should be is self-aware. Paying more attention to the present moment – to your own thoughts and feelings, and to the world around you – can improve your mental well being. What I mean by this is that a Dominant should know themselves  well.  They should think about who they are and how they came to be who they are.  When you're aware you aren't  lying to yourself about your own flaws and limitations but rather honest and truthful with yourself as much as possible. This is not at all an easy task for anyone, especially those of us who tend to have a 'mini god' complex like I do. 

    Developing self-awareness means getting to know and understand what drives you to react and behave the ways you do in your relationship. It means understanding the needs and fears, unrealistic expectations, and fantasies which drive you to react and behave the way you do. 

    See, for Me, the more I learn about Myself the more clearly I am able to see not just what I want as a person but what I want from the D/s relationships I have and what I need to do to improve Myself as person and as a Mistress.  

    Once Self-awareness is achieved it becomes quite natural to then look at those around you and become aware of them as well. To hear things, see things, and know things that others might dismiss or ignore.  A good Mistress will know her submissive as well as She does herself.  Sometimes to know them more than they know themselves. 

    My duty as a Mistress isn't to be a dictator.  It's to be a Servant Mistress, a leader.  There will be rules, training, punishment, correction, and guidance but if it's all done simply to serve My own whims it's abuse not true dominance.  True dominance and leadership is about elevating the submissive, raising them up, encouraging them, making them feel safe, being their strength when they are weak, and helping them to become better people and submissives.  
    
   The rules I set aren't merely to get them to do what I want but to provide them with structure and stability.  I train My submissives and, when necessary, correct them.  I don't do it out of vindictiveness or cruelty but in patience and understanding so that they improve and learn to grow.  

   What do I get from this?  As they grow and become all their potential can bring, so do I.  I get that satisfaction knowing I've helped someone... and I become stronger as a result.  While it's selfless it's also very self satisfying.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so love You and Your writings...
Thank You for everything You give others...

b.

Anonymous said...

After reading this.. all i can think is, "what a lucky submissive She must have.." You are a very introspective Domme and i greatly appreciate You providing concise, informative content in the way that You do!

-bill