Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

By any other name...

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. 

O, be some other name!
What's in a name? 
that which we call a rose
  By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

Ahhh Shakespeare.  While all the other kids dreaded learning the poet and playwright's works I loved it.  But then I do love the romantic style and flow of good classic works of art as his.  Back when romance was romance.... but that's a blog topic for another day.  Today I want to focus on names.  They are so very important and have such significant meaning.  There are few times I meet people who aren't exactly what their name implies. 

When I say a name you get an image in your mind.... of someone, something specific.  Let's try it.... I will post a few names.  I bet something completely different pops into your mind for each one.


Eve       Candy       Maximus       Peter       Angel       Sophie       Nicholas

Well?  Did you think of something specific for each name?  An image of a specific person or type of person?  Names not only identify us they mark us.  I've always been fascinated with names and their meanings.  Not always does someones actual name meaning line up with their personality but most times they do.  Some names don't even have significant meaning... those names I like to make up My own meaning for...   I'm going to go through a list of some those people who I treasure and we will see if their name matches up with their personalities... Come along with Me, maybe you'll find your name there.   (to save from personal pointing I'm only using first and middle names)


Robert Michael:  Both German and Hebrew together they mean famed bright conqueror.    This is definitely him.... he's not afraid of anything and is such a joy that he becomes quite easily the bright star anywhere we go.

Brenda Lee:  Irish and Celtic together they mean the healing beacon on the hillWith her unconditional and deep devoted love, her honesty and humility, this does not surprise Me at all... she completely lives up to this.  I've seen her first hand heal those who seem drawn to her.

Jonathan Alexander:  Hebrew and Greek together they mean gift of god defender of men.  Well, perhaps I'm biased but I completely agree.  He's My gift... My sweet treasure.  The shy, quirky, gentle man who without hesitation can quickly, in the blink of an eye or trip to the bat cave, can become a hero.



For My own name.... Well I'll post the meanings and you can make your own conclusions.  

Amanda: Latin meaning worthy of love        Crystine:  Latin meaning Messiah

1 comment:

Mistress' sweet said...

Well i am not sure if name's define us or we them. But it is amazing how they seem to just fit at some point later in life.
Mistress' name meaning: She is in need of and deserving of the most heartfelt and giving forms of love and adoration. In turn She provides a type of salvation to those that She allows to give Her the love.