Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Monday, June 23, 2014

Generalization

So, I've been thinking about how things are and where I want them to go... for those who follow My blog, I'm sorry for the absence the last few days.   Hopefully today will get things back on track.


Stereotypes even in the BDSM lifestyle

it's something every single person is guilty of at one point or another... stereotyping someone.   There are so many generalizations of people, it's no wonder it's easy to do.   I tend to find it rather annoying to be put in a box or generalized with others who might perhaps be the same type of person.... I cannot speak for everyone but let Me give you some examples of two boxes that I've been put in.

Stay home mom... I would absolutely love to sit around, eat chocolate bon bons all day, and watch tv like so many assume stay home mom's do.  In fact, I have very little Me time or free time.  Ever try to watch a toddler and get things done?  Impossible.  Having older children does afford Me some time to do things I enjoy.  Such as doing this blog, answering messages in Fet, or doing school work.   It in no way helps with the everyday duties of keeping things running smoothly and efficiently around here.  In fact it makes it worse.  Ever try brushing your teeth while eating an oreo, yeah that's what it's like trying to clean while you have a gaggle of kids about as I do.
 
Mistress...  This one annoys Me the most.  You'd think that BDSM, a world where we glorify the odd kinks we each have, that there wouldn't be much generalization.  Sadly enough though, there tends to be immense amounts of it.  The reason, I even entered into the community of BDSMer's like Myself is to grow and learn because there is NO cookie cutter way to be.  There is no definitive outline of how one's own flavor of BDSM should look.  It's as diverse as the people in it and that is a beautiful thing.  Unfortunately, lumping by 'title' still applies even in this community.   If you poll a hundred Mistresses on one topic say 'What is your favorite toy' or 'what do you find the most satisfying about being a Top'?  You will get 101 different answers.  Why? Because each person is their own and the way, why, how, and when of who they are is different than the others.  I'm no exception to that.  I don't 'try' to be unique I'm simply Myself.  Take Me or leave Me... I'm Me.

1 comment:

Mistress' sweet said...

Can i take You as You any day Mistress? Yes. i do believe i will most gladly and appreciatively.