Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Final Few Steps

    Breathing shallowly she awakens.  The world still dark, unable to even open her eyes yet she knows, she can feel it.  She's passed the trees, she is in the clearing.  The sun is healing her.  She feels it's strength clearing the pain from the shadows, restoring her own strength.  She lays there a moment listening to the calm breeze, the leaves rustling as if they were singing to her.  She was safe, she was clear.  
    A panic suddenly shot through her brain. How did she get here?  Those last few moments, before the world went dark, before her body finally collapsed in exhaustion.. she wasn't here, she was still just inside the wood.  So how? Who? What?  She struggled, trying desperately to move, to open her eyes, to look around... the shadow... wait, it wasn't a shadow...that's right.  Just before fell she saw it for what it was, she reached for it.  
    'shhh, just rest, it will be alright. You'll regain your strength, the sun will help, and then you can punish me.  Until then just lay still, please, and heal.'   The sound terrified her only but a moment then washed over her a sudden shudder of calm and peace.  She felt a pressure about her arm, assuming it was a touch to reassure her in the smallest of ways, she nodded slightly.  Laying still and allowing the sun to do what it would, to heal her and strengthen her.  
      Her breathing seemed to follow suit slowly, allowing her even steady breaths, then deep hungry inhales and long slow exhales.  She was indeed healing.  She knew, from the past, that the true extent of the shadows' damage would be lasting and deep but that the sun would indeed help to give her strength again to stand and walk, to live, to love, to be who she was, is, and always will be.  
     After a while had passed, she slowly moved her fingers, one by one.  Her toes in the same manner.  She lifted her knees one then the other and then began to bring her hand up over her side to touch the hole left by the branch.  It had been so quiet and so peaceful she almost entirely forgot there was another there with her.... until her hand met flesh that wasn't her own.   Her eyes fought to open trying to see what, who, her hand had come in contact with.  The sun blinded her, making her cry out in pain as it flooded her eyes. Unable to withstand it she shut them tight yet again.
      'You needn't your eyes to see who I am, you know already, you have known.'   The calm soothing voice spoke as fingers enclosed around her palm, holding it mid air, as if it were gold of the most precious sort.  'and forgive me but you don't want to touch that just yet, the pain will make you sick and you know this as well.  Again, you can punish me for stepping in later when you are healed and well but for now, please take my head.'
         She wrapped her long slender fingers around his, as he brought her hand to his knee resting it there.  She remained quiet, thinking to herself as the sun continued to strengthen her.  This shadow, had not been a shadow, it had been him all along... why had she thought him a shadow?  Why could she still not open her eyes?  She turned her head into the shadow of his body sitting beside her and spoke slowly, quietly, yet with all clarity she could muster.
    ' I know who you are.  I needn't open my eyes, I feel you, hear you, I know you.... Thank you, thank you for helping me to the clearing.  How long has it been and why can I not yet open my eyes?  Do you know? Tell me.'   Her fingers squeezed his hand a bit harder.
     'It's been a while m'lady.  A day and a night, and through half another day.  There's no need to thank me for helping you, I would do anything you ever asked and everything in my power to see you well.'  His hand wanted desperately to push her hair back from her beautiful face as the breeze swept over it but he knew to touch her any more would surely be his demise.  ' I'm afraid it's my fault your eyes won't open.  You've seen me, not the form I show to others but the true me.  While you are now ready to see and claim it... I am not.  I cannot allow my own shadows into the light. Not yet.  So as long as I'm in your presence your eyes will not work... for my own protection. My own struggles. When you are well and I know you're out of danger of the wood I will step away to give you your sight again.'    His words were sincere, warming, and beautifully tragic to her ears.  She could do nothing more in response than to nod slowly.
        Silence again fell for what seemed an eternity, both lost in their own thoughts and struggles.  She knew his words were true and knew as long as he was around she wouldn't see, not because she couldn't see... she had seen clearly just before it all went black, she saw everything.  But because his own shadows needed to stay hidden until he could deal with them himself.    Could she live with this?  Not seeing purposely to have him near?  Or would she allow him to leave her presence so her eyes would open yet again?  She thought for a long while then slowly sat herself up and turned toward his shadow.
        'I don't want you to leave my presence.  I will walk in the dark, I am fully capable of doing so.  I will do this not because I cannot see but because you cannot.'  She slips her hand from his and softly, if not a bit clumsily, finds his face, holding his cheek gently as her thumb trails over his lips.  'I will not walk in darkness forever, I will one day make you face your own shadows, should you not do it on your own... but for now I will.  I love you, my song.  I will always love you.  Now help me to my feet, and walk me home... where you will be punished for touching me, and loved for saving me.'
                                              'Yes, my Goddess, as you wish'

No comments: