Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Sunday, August 17, 2014

80 and Beautiful


   It's been a long but good day today.  I woke up at a bit before 6 a.m. with Alex.  We had Mommy/Alex time and then he laid down for a nap while I did some light cleaning then took a shower.  By then the other boys and Rob were awake and I was able to ready for the day then rest a bit on the PC.  

   I had some video chat time with Grace, who is just a breath of fresh air.  Her beauty radiates about her. I have to say, readers, I've a schoolgirl like crush on her...  Even just out of bed, no make up, and out in the bright light by the pool (which I'm still jealous of btw)  she's stunningly beautiful and just downright adorable.  Oh, I should mention that Grace is one who I've been chatting with a while now.  She's a quirky, witty, unique, gorgeous, and talented tree hugger who has made Me smile on many many occasion already! (but we will save her introduction for a later blog)

    Then I went to My Memaw's 80th birthday party.  I sat back a few moments watching them all interact with My Memaw and each other and thought to Myself just how blessed I am.  I've a fairly large family and they are all so very amazing.  I might not see them as often as I'd like or be in touch nearly as much as I should but I love them all dearly and I know that they always have My back... that's what family is for!!  They've all taught Me so many vital lessons and helped mold Me to who I am today.  I only hope that they are as proud of Me as I am of them. 


   Watching My Memaw hold Alex and him giggle and hum to her touched My heart in a way I cannot quite express.  My Memaw is the most amazing and wonderful woman. I remember being small Myself (what very few childhood memories I have) and dancing around her feet, singing with a spoon probably way off key but Memaw always made Me feel like I was the most important, most beautiful, smartest, and talented little girl the world had ever seen.  Haha, I remember pretending I was a puppy often, crawling around and making everyone 'pet' Me... or doing some little 'play' with My little brother and everyone watching....  

   Today, Memaw isn't able to scoop Alex up like she did with Me when I was small.  She's frail and I can tell in her eyes she's tired but holding on to the joy of life and proving to time that even at 80 there's life to be lived.   I wonder if she knows how beautiful she is?  Does she see that through the years time has only given her grace and wisdom?  Does she know that she's left such a huge imprint on so many people around her?  Does she know that her butterfly (yes that's what she's always called Me) only hopes to one day be half the woman she is?  

    I'm home now, with Alex tucked into bed, the boys playing in their room, and Rob waiting to watch a movie while I write this blog.  My eyes are damp with the joy I have, the love, for the family I've visited today.  My Memaw, Dad and Ma, four Uncles and Aunts, and a handful of cousins and their families.  I'm honored and proud to be part of them. 

No comments: