Sensual Domination

Sensual Domination

Friday, August 1, 2014

Accidents Happen

There are roughly 18,000 auto accidents in the U.S. every day.  A little over 3,000 of those end in death.  We taxpayers spend $840 annually to pay for those accidents.  When reading these statistics I was completely floored.  It astounds Me the carelessness of some people.   I understand we call them 'accidents'.  Some truly are no fault accidents.... most however, I find are simply neglect, carelessness, or recklessness by some idiot.

This last weekend I met one of those reckless people.  I was enjoying some 'garage sale hunting' time with My mother in law and he rushed through a red light (because he was texting.. of course)  hitting the passenger side of her car.  Guess where yours truly was sitting.. yup you got it, in the passenger seat.  How fun!
   
    It was truly like some slow motion scene out of an action flick that I'd watch over and over again just to spot the different little things one might miss the first time over....  I saw the look on My mother in law's face, and turned just in time to see the front end of some dark car racing toward Me.  No time to even flinch before the air bags deployed and the car started whirling.

   After what seemed ages and yet only seconds of horrible sounds, adrenaline highs, and astonishment... everything went still.   Gathering My thoughts I made sure I wasn't bleeding or hurt then did so with My mother in law.  I can honestly say I felt a bit of stiffness but no pain (must have been the adrenaline rush).  The door was pinned closed so I had to crawl into the backseat and go out the drivers side... she had to do the same as we were pinned between three different cars. 

  There was no shortage of people coming to check on us... even gentlemen running out of the shops along the corners.   One gentleman actually picked Me up.... scooped Me up like I was nothing more than the weight of a pillow and carried Me to the side of the road, where another had brought out a stool.. placed Me on it and looked Me over to be sure I was alright. Others were giving a second by second play by play of what had just happened.   

   It took ages for the police to get there (not a surprise in the county I was in... they generally take their time).   At this point I still hadn't felt any serious pain.  I learned that the driver of the black ford focus,  a 31 year old man, had been texting and didn't see the red light.  Well, if anyone knows Me, you know My abhorrent dislike of texting while driving... so then I just got angry.   

  I was taken to the hospital via ambulance (I so do NOT like ambulances nor hospitals) After all the tests were completed the diagnosis was a cracked a rib on My left along with suffering a concussion.  The headache and the dizziness warranted a 24 hour observation stay I suppose, even though I didn't really want to.  Sometimes even I have to surrender control.  

  After being released I was couch bound for several days.  Again if you know Me, you know this is painful, almost more painful than the pain of breathing with a cracked rib.  I don't like to be idle and still.  I have two cracked ribs on the right side from a previous accident so I knew what to expect but it doesn't make it any easier.   It hurts to breathe, to laugh, to move.  Every day is a tiny better but I know it will take weeks to be able to function normally again.   If it's as severe as the other two I know I will have slight tinges of pain randomly for the rest of My life... why is it that it couldn't have just broken?  I'm not sure.   My doctor told Me again... if it had broke completely it would be less painful... figures.   

   Anywhoo, I am up and about a bit, pushing Myself without harming Myself.   I will recover and be completely fine.   I do ask though, to be patient with Me.  The meds mess with My body, relaxing it, but they also mess with My brain and thinking... making it difficult to grasp any one thing for too long.  (NOT at ALL fun).   So if I respond to a message, email, Skype, or text and it's not completely coherent or like Me.... it's because the pain medicine has been working.  (I'm trying not to take them but it's proving difficult not to at times)  If I don't respond it's not because I don't care or don't want to it's simply because I know that you deserve more than My mind can give at the moment. It's taken Me a good three days to write this, if that gives you any indication on how the pain, the meds, and the being forced to be still, is affecting Me.  

   I will be alright, I am alright.  I'm a survivor, a fighter, a warrior.  I swear, I am a demi god at times with the amount of times I should have died or been more severely injured in life. Haha.  Perhaps I'm a true Goddess after all just stuck in a human frail body that keeps holding Me back.

No comments: